Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gratitude

Today as I was driving home from thanksgiving point, I was thinking about how I wish I didn't have to work. Wouldn't it be nice to just have money to play and shop and not have to worry about working for it? I would love to be able to just be home playing with my baby and decorating my house for christmas, baking yummy food and listing to christmas music. But that is not my life, Austin and I have to work like so many others, so that we can have all that we do. At that moment I looked to the side of the road and there stood a man that had a thin jacket and jeans with holes in them. He held a sign that read "will work for food". My heart hurt for this man and I was embarrassed for my ungratefulness. I so often go about my day not thinking of all that I have. I should thank God everyday for the ability to work and the blessing that I have been given to have a job I can take Brody with me.

Today I would like to say thank you to my heavenly father for all that I have and ALL that I have been blessed with, especially this little darling.

5 comments:

HOPE said...

awww, bless! You are so cute Chelsi! I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Rachel said...

We all need moments to remind us of how blessed we are. Thanks for sharing yours. Have a GREAT Thanksgiving with that DARLING little boy of yours!

The Ekins said...

It is so easy to be ungrateful. Thanks for the great reminder of how blessed we really are. Having kids really changes where we focus our greatest blessings doesn't it. I am thankful for health, family and the gospel. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Karlee Turner said...

Your darling Brody is getting so big! Just like my little guy :) I'm sad that we're not in your ward anymore..we wont' get to see much of you guys.
I'm so glad you wrote this post. I've had moments lately where I was thinking I wish I didnt' have to work either. But like you, I have been blessed to have a very flexible job. We are so lucky to have the basic necessities and beautiful families! Thanks for reminding me!

CASEY & NICOLE said...

Yep, couldn't agree with you more girl! Love your cute little guy!