Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cafe Rio Recipes

If you are like me then you LOVE Cafe Rio. You can't go wrong with anything you order there. Especially the Pork Salad....mmmm!!!

My family and I found the recipes to make everything for it, and thought that it would be similar but not the same. So we made it tonight for our dinner and for real...it is the same! It was soooo delicious. Thought I'd share!

Pork:
1 pork shoulder ( no bone)
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups salsa
1 can sprite
1 can Dr. pepper

1Cook in a crockpot for at least 4 hours.
2 About an hour before serving, shred the pork and return to crockpot.

Rice:
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1 can green chiles
1/2 onion
3 cups water (or more if needed)
4 tsp. chicken bouillon
4 tsp. garlic, minced
3/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp butter
3 cups rice (uncooked)

1 Blend cilantro, green chilies, and onion together in food processor.
2 Boil water, add all ingredients.
3 Simmer covered 20-30 minutes or until rice is cooked...just watch near the end and add more water if it is starting to look dry.


Dressing:
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup mayo
1 pkg. Hidden Valley buttermilk ranch dressing (the dry packet)
2 Tomatillos
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/3 bunch of cilantro
1 tsp lime juice
1 small jalapeno pepper

1 mix all ingredients in a blender

Get the fresh tortillas from costco or the grocery store and cook right before serving the salads.

I hope you enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

WOW! I'm stoked..thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

I found one, too, that was great, but it took an entire day to make. This looks much more manageable...thanks! Can't wait to try it out. Hope you two are doing good.

Tawny said...

Ha! This is going to save me some dollars!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! I haven't seen that pork recipe before. I've tried to recreate Cafe Rio out here without any luck (and it's impossible to find fresh tortillas in North Carolina!). Thanks for the recipes!!